Metabolism Jump Start Tips – 10 Ways to Increase Your Metabolism Naturally and Easily
Posted by mmmetabolismmm
People who want to lose weight sometimes overlook the value of metabolism boosters. Instead of using over the counter supplements, there are many ways to increase metabolism naturally. Metabolism is the rate by which the body produces and consumes energy and calories, so you can live and do the things you want to do. By speeding up metabolism, you boost the rate at which your body burns calories.
Here are ten ways to increase metabolism naturally and easily:
1. Exercise more and build more lean muscle mass. This one is fairly simple and obvious. You may not be aware that your metabolism slows down as you grow older. That is why it is easier to gain weight as we get older, even when we have not changed our eating habits. The easiest way to boost metabolism naturally is do more exercise and build up more muscle mass. If you are already exercising on a regular basis, try increasing the repetition or add more resistance or weight to the exercise you are doing. The more muscle mass you have, the higher your metabolism will be. Toning your muscles with weight training is important. Also, use every little chance that you can to exercise, such as parking your car far away from the store or office and take the stairs instead of the escalator or elevator. Be active on a daily basis!
2. Be sure to eat breakfast. Most people know that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, but many people tend to skip it because they are in a rush in the morning or for other reasons. You may not even feel very hungry when you wake up. Our metabolism slows down when we sleep. If you wait until lunch time before you eat anything, your body will slow your metabolism further because you have not eaten anything for 12 to 18 hours since the night before. This starvation reflex is the body’s way of conserving energy when food is scarce, and is inappropriate since you likely have plenty of food. Eating breakfast in the morning gives your metabolism a kick start and makes sure the body is using the calories and not storing them.
3. Spicy foods. If you like spicy food, this tip is perfect for you. Studies show that spicy food, such as chili and peppers can help you to increase metabolism. Adding a little spiciness to your mid-day meal can still help rev up your metabolism.
4. Eat nutritious food and avoid foods that are high in sugar and fat. Soda and candy bars have a lot of sugar, which encourage your body to store fat. The reason for this is that carbohydrates cause your body to release insulin, a hormone, into the body. This hormone is the body’s signal that food is plentiful, and any excess should be stored for future use. Stay away from sugary soda as much as you can. Drink water or tea as a substitute. Green tea is especially good because of additional health benefits. Nutritious food, such as vegetables, whole grains, fruits, and beans are good for your body and boost your energy without sending out the signal to store.
5. Get a sufficient amount of sleep. Research shows that people who do not get enough sleep are more likely to gain weight. They are less energetic, therefore less likely to exercise. They also tend to eat more, trying to offset being tired with foods that give a temporary boost in energy with sugar. Getting enough sleep is essential.
6. Drink at least 8 glasses of water a day. Water helps our system to clean out the toxins within our body. Water is also extremely important for many functions of our body. If our body is lacking water, our body systems will slow down to cope with the problem.
7. Eat small meals frequently and do not skip meals. People usually consume 2-3 big meals a day. If you want to boost your metabolism, experts suggest that consuming 4 to 6 smaller meals every 2 to 3 hours is better than consuming 2 to 3 big meals a day. Our metabolism speeds up right after we eat because our body is working to digest the food. Our body makes digestion a priority, which is one of the reasons we feel drowsy after a big meal. The other is related to our insulin level, which can get very high with a large meal. If we eat small meals more frequently we can maintain our metabolism at a higher level at all times. That is the same reason why we should not skip meals. Skipping meals will cause our metabolism to slow down.
8. Careful meal planning. Eating nutritious food is an essential part of being healthy. If you plan what you are going to eat at a regular interval ahead of time, you are less likely to skip meals or eat junk food sporadically. If you want some help with this, there are many meal planning services now that help families to plan their daily meals. Most of the successful weight-loss systems put a lot of focus on good meal planning.
9. Reduce stress. Stress is one of the most common problems in our busy society. Physical and emotional stress triggers our body to release a steroid called cortisol, which slow down our metabolism. In addition, some people who are stressed tend to eat excessively to relieve stress. Finding simple ways to reduce stress can not only help you maintain a healthy metabolism, but will make you feel better overall.
10. Drinking green tea. Besides having lots of antioxidants, green tea is also a metabolism booster. It also has caffeine, something to keep in mind before drinking green tea at night. Some people do not like the taste of green tea, saying it tastes like grass. If you agree, look for the type of green tea labeled “sencha” on the box, which does not have the grassy taste. Also, be careful of the green tea latte that you can purchase at many coffee shops nowadays, it has more calories and sugar than regular green tea.
If you can, incorporate as many Metabolism Boosters in your daily activities to help lose weight and maintain your ideal weight. Eating healthy, exercising regularly, and reducing stress should be a lifestyle instead of just a way to lose weight.
Click Here to learn more ways to increase metabolism.
Don’t have time to go to the gym? Why not set up a home gym so you can exercise in the comfort of your own home without paying for high monthly fees. Find a wide variety of new and used exercise equipment, and free health ebooks, at http://www.ExerciseEquipmentHome.com